Before starting your piano and keyboard lessons you must learn to adopt a correct posture when sitting down since most pianists and keyboardists make mistakes that can ultimately affect their practice and their health. That is why it is important to know how to play the piano from the basic position.
How to play the piano
1. It is highly recommended that you have a professional bank because it allows you to control the height. To know if you are sitting at the correct height, first sit vertically, raise your arm and extend it; the elbow should be at the same height as the white keys (check the video)
2. It is necessary to keep the spine erect so that you have control of your weight. Also, remember that the body should accompany the movement of the hands on the keyboard, either from the center to the right or from the center to the left.
3. To achieve this, it is important that you are sitting properly. The correct way to sit is to use the bones (you do not feel on the legs, you have to lean on the ischia); When you sit on the bones, there will be a large empty space on the bench.
4. Control the weight on your feet: open your legs a little, the left is well planted to leave the right with the freedom to use the pedal
5. Get used to balancing your body while sitting